Pet Services Agreement
This Agreement between _____________________ (hereinafter referred to as “Client”) and Platinum Leash LLC (hereinafter referred to as “Service Provider” or “handler/trainer”) pertains to the following: For good and valuable consideration, the parties agree as follows:
Fees: Client agrees to pay Service Provider a nonrefundable fee for all services provided. There will be a $20 service charge for each returned check.
Services (training specific): Handler/trainer will make every reasonable effort to help Client achieve training and behavior modification goals but makes no guarantee of Dog’s performance or behavior as a result of providing professional animal behavior consultation. Client understands that he/she and members of the household must follow trainer’s instructions without modification, work with dog daily as recommended, and constantly reinforce training being given to Dog.
Walking/Hiking: Handler/trainer will make every reasonable effort to follow through with agreed upon service. In the case of extreme weather or other unforeseeable circumstances, a service may be cut short. Owner will be notified.
Cancellation Policy: If Client fails to give at least 24 hours cancellation notice, or is not present at time of scheduled appointment, session fees are still due.
Liability: If Dog causes property damage, or bites or injures any dog, animal or person (including but not limited to Trainer/handler and Trainer’s agents), during or after the term of this Agreement, then Client agrees to pay all resulting losses and damages suffered or incurred, and to defend and indemnify Trainer/handler and Trainer’s agents from any resulting claims, demands, lawsuits, losses, costs or expenses, including attorney fees. If Dog is injured in a fight or in any other manner during or after the term of the Agreement, Client assumes the risk and agrees that Trainer/handler should not be held responsible for any resulting injuries, losses, damages, costs or expenses. Termination: Either the Client or the Service Provider may terminate services at any time. Upon termination in accordance with the foregoing, Trainer's/handler’s duties shall terminate but all other provisions of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. Any outstanding fees due are to be paid in full upon termination.
Medical needs: The Client is responsible for maintaining all vaccination needs. Any cost related to an illness contracted while in the care of the trainer is the sole responsibility of the client. Please contact your veterinarian to determine the vaccination needs of your pets. Trainer/handler is authorized to take any injured or sick animals to a veterinary hospital, should he/she deem it necessary, and Client agrees to pay for all costs related to such a need. A reasonable effort will be made to take the dog to Veterinarian listed below.
Lock boxes: The Client should have a lock box or a keyless entry of some sort for the handler/trainer to enter the Client’s house to provide pet services, unless an agreement has been worked out with
Platinum Leash LLC ahead of time. The Client can use their own lock box or pay a refundable deposit for Platinum Leash LLC to provide a lock box. The Client authorizes the handler/trainer/Platinum Leash LLC agent to access the Client’s home to provide services. The Client is responsible for maintaining the lock box or keyless entry. Platinum Leash LLC accepts no responsibility for security of the premises or loss if other individuals access a client’s home.
Vet/Vaccine Records: All animals are expected to be current on all vaccines. Platinum Leash reserves the right to request vaccine records at anytime. Clients are expected to produce these records within 48 hours.
For the purposes of this document, the terms Client, Owner, Pet Owner, and Customer are synonymous with the person contracting services for one or more domestic animals.
• This document must be signed before service is provided for any period.
• Unpaid service may be cancelled without notice, including prior to or during the service period.
• Reservations are made to plan sitter availability to clients. Therefore, clients returning home early will be required to pay for the reserved amount of time scheduled including travel time.
• Platinum Leash LLC is not responsible for wilted, dead or otherwise unhealthy plants. Platinum Leash LLC will work hard to follow your written directions as precisely as possible, but cannot be responsible if the results are not favorable. Please place all indoor plants together on a waterproof surface in plain sight, as your pet sitter is not responsible for water damaged areas or missed plants.
• Platinum Leash LLC is not responsible for damage to the home beyond the control of the Pet Sitter. This includes, but is not limited to leaks, electrical problems, and acts of nature. In these situations, the company will attempt to contact the customer and then the emergency contact before making a subjective decision on dealing with the problem. All repairs and related fees (including Special Service emergency service time and coordination fees) will be paid by the client, or fully reimbursed to Platinum Leash LLC within 14 days.
• Platinum Leash LLC is not responsible for any damage to property of the client or others unless such damage is caused by the negligent act of the Pet Sitter. Platinum Leash LLC agrees to remain fully insured through Veracity or a comparable entity, including optional Special Property Endorsement (protects against theft, breakage, etc as caused by an employee) or bonding. Platinum Leash LLC accepts no responsibility for security of the premises or loss if other individuals have access to a client’s home, or if the home is not properly secured by the owner.
Platinum Leash LLC is not liable for any loss or damage in the event a burglary or other crime that should occur while under this contract. Pet Owner agrees to secure home prior to leaving the premises. Platinum Leash LLC will re-secure the home to the best of its ability at the end of each visit.
• The Client grants access to their home for the Pet Sitter or, in the case of injury or illness of the Pet sitter, other Platinum Leash LLC agents. Should a key be lost, Platinum Leash LLC has permission to contract a locksmith for access to the house during while their services are engaged. Platinum Leash LLC assumes responsibility in the case that a key is lost and a locksmith is needed.
• Pet Owner must have legal rights to place the animals in the care of Pet Sitters, Kennels, and Veterinary Clinics. The Pet Sitter cannot service a home with “Visiting” pets or animals that do not belong to the resident of the service site without separate sets of agreement forms, including a Legal Considerations Agreement, accepted and signed by each rightful owner(s).
• The terms of this document apply to all the pets owned by the client, including any and all new pets that the customer obtains on or after the date this document was signed, at any and all locations the owner designates for service.
• Pet Owner is responsible for pet-proofing house and yard, and the security fences/gates/latches. Platinum Leash LLC will not be responsible for the safety of any pets and will not be liable for the injury, disappearance, death, or fines of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
• Pet Owner is responsible for keeping vaccinations current.
• Pet sitter has been educated on foods and materials toxic to pets. Any such items will be kept in places inaccessible to the pet. Platinum Leash LLC is not responsible for any such items left accessible to the pets by the owner.
• Platinum Leash LLC is authorized to seek any emergency veterinarian assistance needed during visits, at the cost of the client, from any veterinarian as chosen by the sitter. However, the company is not responsible for the health/well being of the animal should this become necessary.
• Pet Owner is responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment/supplies needed for care of their pet(s), including but not limited to a sturdy, well-fit harness (halter, collar, etc...) for walks or in case of emergencies, firmly affixed tags, a lead rope or leash, pooper-scoopers, litter boxes, food, cleaning supplies, medicines, pet food, and cat litter. Pet Owner authorizes any purchases necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties. Pet Owner agrees to be responsible for the payment of such items, as well as service fees for obtaining items, and will reimburse Platinum Leash LLC within 14 days for all purchases made.
• Pet Owner will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to a Pet Sitter, or other persons, by the Pet. Customer agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Platinum Leash LLC, in the event of a claim by any person injured by the Pet.
• It is suggested that arrangements be made with someone to evacuate your pets in case of a disaster or weather related event/crisis/”Code Red”. Platinum Leash LLC will definitely try to see to your pets safety/care should such events occur, but cannot guarantee it.
• Future Services: I authorize this contract to be valid approval for services so as to permit Platinum Leash LLC to accept all future telephone, online, mail or email reservations and enter my home without additional signed contracts or written authorizations.
• Platinum Leash LLC reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time, if the Pet Sitter, in his/her sole discretion determines that Owner’s pet poses a danger to the health or safety of itself, other pets, other people, or the Pet Sitter. If concerns prohibit the Pet Sitter from caring for the pet, the Owner authorizes the pet to be placed in a kennel (or previously arranged locale), with all charges (including but not limited to transportation, kenneling, tranquilizing, treating, accessing, and liability) to be the responsibility of the Owner.
• Platinum Leash LLC agrees to provide services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of the services as an express condition thereof, the client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against the company and its employees, except those arising from negligence.
• Client agrees to notify Platinum Leash LLC of any concerns within 24 hours of return.
• This agreement is valid from the date posted, and replaces any prior Legal Considerations agreements. Client agrees to any future Platinum Leash LLC term changes relayed verbally to the client, mailed or emailed in writing to the client, or posted on our website.
• Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration
This Agreement is binding upon Client, spouse of Client, and children of Client. This Agreement supersedes all prior discussions, representations, warranties and agreements of the parties, and expresses the entire agreement between Client and Trainer regarding the matters described above. The parties confirm that, except for that which is specifically written in this Agreement, no promises, representations or oral understandings have been made with regard to Dog or anything else. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Client acknowledges that Trainer has not represented, promised, guaranteed or warranted that Dog will never bite, that Dog will not be dangerous or vicious in the future, that Dog will not exhibit other behavioral problems, or that the results of the training will last for
any particular amount of time. This Agreement may be amended only if signed by both Client and Trainer.